Nelco N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate and Prepreg is a self-adhesive product that is a high-performance building material. It consists of 100% epoxy resin. This product can be helpful for different applications such as water pipes, flooring, roofs, concrete decking covering, steps, etc. It’s also great for use on auto racing tracks because of its performance and reliability.
Method Of Application
Nelco N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate can be helpful as a high-performance building material in many different applications. Corpco Plastic Inc. will not take responsibility for the improper use of this product in any application deemed to be improper or unintended.
Preparation For Use
You must be clean, dry, and free from all oils, dust, dirt, and other foreign material on all the surfaces you intend to coat. We should inspect the application area in advance to ensure that the surfaces are properly. If there is any doubt or question concerning which we will coat the surface, or if you have any doubt about the surface condition you are coating, please consult with a professional.
1. Remove any loose material by smoothing the surface with a plastic scraper or rag, and then lightly dry the surface.
2. Pre-treat all joints and edges where you will apply the epoxy, exposed to water, oil, weather, and other contaminants that could result in poor epoxy coating adhesion.
3. In an open area for application, remove all debris (soil, grass clippings, leaves, etc. ).
4. Mix one part hardener to two parts resin (by volume, not weight) in a plastic container.
5. Stir the mixture by hand until dissolved and keep mixing until it becomes clear and the mixture is smooth.
Application And Coatings
1. For vertical surfaces, layout the first coat of epoxy onto the surface with a squeegee or roller to a thickness of about two mils dry (0.05 mm). Apply the epoxy in multiple passes to ensure that the epoxy will not be shearing during the curing process. Apply the first coat of about two mils dry (0.05 mm).
2. After about 20 minutes, apply a second coat of epoxy over the surface and then lay out a second coat with a squeegee or roller to a thickness of about 2 mils dry (0.05 mm).
3. Apply a third coat after about 20 minutes.
4. After about 3 hours, apply a fourth coat.
5. Cure the epoxy to a fully cured state before applying additional coats or performing any adhesive work.
6. Keep wet for seven days before handling for full adhesion to the substrate during installation and handling of this material before handling this product or making any cuts or other construction operations on this product that may damage the performance.
7. After the curing of the surface, the surface may be finished with a high build one- or two-part epoxy clear coating to achieve a hard glossy or satin finish to enhance the appearance of this product.
8. When calculating the amount of epoxy needed for any given project, always account for 5-10 % waste due to uneven surfaces and other factors that can reduce the amount of material required for a given project.
9. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. It is essential to note that the shelf life is limited to a maximum time of 18 months. We should not use it after this time has expired.
10. Also, store all unused material under proper storage conditions.
Adhesive Properties And Mechanical Properties
Epoxy, high-performance building material, is a closed-cell resin that cures to form a hard solid with good tensile strength and flexural strength.
It does not require heat curing due to how we cure it. Epoxy is a thermosetting epoxy. Therefore, it cannot be recrystallized and will not soften or become more flexible at room temperature after being cured.
Epoxy has a very high resistance to most common solvents (fluids). It also does not have any appreciable moisture absorbency. Therefore, even after exposure to 100% relative humidity for long periods, its physical properties will not change significantly.
Epoxies are helpful in many applications like auto racing tracks, noise barriers, automotive panels, parts, etc. Nelco N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate is a high-performance building material used by Rayming PCB & Assembly.
Nelco N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate consists of 100% epoxy resin. Its unique capabilities include high resistance to water, oil, weather, and other toxic chemicals that can sometimes damage or reduce the performance of a material. There are several different grades of epoxy available. ASTM governs these grades.
This product has lower heat distortion than other products in its class, essential when used in extreme heat applications. It also has a very high resistance to aging compared to other available products on the market.
N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate has an epoxy equivalent weight of approximately 160 lbs per cubic foot. It features a thickness of 2 mils dry and 9 mil wet. It has excellent adhesion to mineral surfaces like concrete, brick, and stone. N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate is also compatible with high-strength materials like fiberglass, steel, and aluminum. In addition, there is no flame spread or smoke development. It means we can apply it in areas that require a fire rating.
1. Sophisticated Data Storage: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for sophisticated data storage in government, computer, and financial institutions.
2. Telecommunications Infrastructure: Heavy-duty commercial, residential, and industrial electronics equipment such as telephone lines, phone, and cable networks, as well as antennae. Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for these applications.
3. High-Temperature Underhood Automotive: Utilize N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate in a high-temperature environment where moisture, oil, and dust are present. Additionally, the product has a high corrosion barrier, which makes it an excellent protective application under these conditions.
4. Lead-Free DCA Applications: Lead-free DCA applications and in other applications where there are performance requirements to meet or exceed standards.
5. Military Equipment: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for military equipment and weapons systems that require durability, high flexural strength, electrical insulation, and fire rating while meeting low smoke development standards.
6. Extreme Layer count Multilayers: Construct multilayers beyond 2000 layers.
7. High I / O Count BGA Substrates: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for high I/O count BGA substrates either as a core material or face material.
8. Tight Tolerance Via to Via Applications: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for tight tolerance via applications where we cure the material within the seat.
9. Large Format Backplanes: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate for large format backplanes.
10. Lead-Free Assembly Substrate: Use N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate in lead-free assembly substrates.
Nelco N4000-11 BC Buried Capacitance Epoxy Laminate and Prepreg are high-performance building materials for professionals. In the current economic climate, professionals need to save money wherever possible. These products provide a good solution for saving money without sacrificing performance qualities. The Epoxy resin used in these products is a closed-cell epoxy that is not prone to moisture absorption and can hold its shape in a wide range of temperatures.
The use of epoxy resin in these products results in a product that will not shrink or warp over time. Its unique self-leveling characteristics allow the application of the material to vertical or horizontal surfaces without adding additional coatings. The use of epoxy resin also results in a product compatible with most high-strength materials like fiberglass, steel, and aluminum. Both products have been thoroughly tested. As a result, we can rely upon quality performance and reliability when installing, applying, and performing on the job site.