Arlon 85 N
Arlon 85 N is a pure polyimide resin system with a 250-degree high glass transition temperature. It offers excellent thermal resistance against high temperature in electronic devices. Pure resin formulation and high-temperature stability are paired together with Arlon 85 N and can be the best available choice for heavy multilayer devices such as aerospace types of equipment, military gadgets, space, and other gadgets also that require a high amount of thermal stability. The heavy applications required resistance to high temperature in both processes and end-user applications. This is the ultimate polyimide in pure form and prepreg system also so useful for highly stable applications. As we already know that polyimide is highly flexible, lightweight, and resistant to heat and other chemicals. Its presence in Arlon 85 N makes it the best choice for electric devices.
What are the significant features of Arlon 85 N?
Arlon is being used in many electric applications specifically heavy ones. The most expensive industries of electronics for example aircraft and tech types of equipment are relying on Arlon 85N polyimide for achieving high resistance against temperature and chemical change. So following are the significant features of Arlon 85 N:
- Polyimide Arlon 85 N offers the best thermal performance with a high temperature usually greater than 250 degrees.
- It is RoHS and WEEE compliant.
- It provides halogen-free chemistry
- It offers excellent PTH reliability with the process.
- Low Z expansion helps in decreasing the risk of latent PTH defects.
- Arlon 85 N is pure polyimide. There is no secondary resin in it.
- Arlon 85 N thermal properties as there are epoxy blended or reacted.
- Decomposition of temperature occurs at a temperature greater than 450 degrees
- Lead-free processing is also reliable for Arlon 85 N.
What is the product specification of Arlon 85n laminate?
As we already know that Arlon is a laminate polyimide. It is highly suggested for PWBs as it is highly resistive to heat and temperature. Process devices and end-user can take advantage of Arlon 85N specifications. Some of the applications require lead-free soldering and in-use application so Arlon 85 N can offer thermal stability. Z expansion is very low in Arlon almost 1.2% so it provides superior PTH reliability and chances of damaging PTH are extremely low. For heavy applications like aircraft and military purposes, 407 degrees temperature decomposition can be used for excellent and long-term performance. In the following areas Arlon 85N is the best choice and can serve in a better way:
- In aircraft and military types of equipment
- Drilling or down-hole drilling
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Burn inboards
- In automobiles and heavy pieces of machinery
If you are going to use Arlon 85N in any of your products, you need to trust the best supplier. The quality of the product will depend on the decision you make for the best product specification for your polyimide Arlon 85N.
What are the uses of Arlon 85 N?
Arlon 85 N is a composite material polyimide that offers thermal stability. Also plastic can provide superior stability. It is widely used in commercial and industrial sectors of the market. Following are some features uses of Arlon 85N:
- Arlon 85N is used in the automotive and transportation industry.
- It is widely used for aerospace and aviation purposes.
- It is used for the production of exterior and interior bodies of automotive and Power trains or UTH.
- It is also used in electronics and electrical assemblies.
- Arlon plays important role in Chemical and industrial manufacturing.
- Electrical components such as printed circuit boards (PCB) also used Arlon features.
- Electrical materials such as pipes, hoses, and plumbing climates use Arlon.
- Arlon 85N is the best choice for wall covering and decorating laminate.
- Due to the low dielectric constant and high glass transition temperature, Arlon polyimide has been a part of microelectronics as well as the high voltage engineering industry.
What limitation you can face with Arlon 85 N?
Although Arlon 85 N is necessary for heavy devices as it deals with high temperature and heat exposure. Also, it is the best choice for the pieces of equipment where you need higher thermal stability such as aerospace, aircraft, and aviation. But there are some limitations with Arlon 85 N which are mention below:
- In the processing part, there is the need for high temperature as it is a polyimide resin.
- You have to be careful with alkali and acid hydrolysis in electronic devices while using Arlon 85 N as due to the presence of polyimide, it is extremely sensitive to them.
- The prepreg system and other laminate PCBs are much cheaper than Arlon 85N. So the cost for processing is extremely high.
- There should match certain conditions for some of its processes like annealing requires a specific temperature.
What are the benefits of Arlon 85n?
In electronic materials such as PCBs, Arlon 85 N offers many benefits. It is used for fabrication purposes in printed circuit boards. Following are some significant benefits of Arlon 85 N:
- The chemical resistance is excellent with polyimide Arlon 85 N
- It is the best choice for the circuits that are non-appreciative for ER
- The rate of insertion loss is extremely low
- The rate of antenna efficiency is high
- Copper bond strength is excellent
- Moisture absorption is extremely lower with this polyimide
- Arlon 85 N is the best choice to use in a humid environment
- Tangent loss is also low
- Edge trim waste can be decreased by this polyimide
- Mechanical performance is robust with Arlon polyimide
- The dissipation is stable thermally
- Processing is very easy in Arlon 85 N
- Product shrinking is low
- PTH damage rate is also low
- It is cost-effective with the layout and processing of the boards
Applications of Arlon 85n:
For operating thermally stable PCBs, Arlon 85 N is the best choice. Other than printed circuit boards, they are being used in many other types of industries. The most expensive industries of electronics for example aircraft and tech pieces of equipment are relying on Arlon 85N polyimide for achieving high resistance against temperature and chemical change. For the applications that need a long operating time under high temperatures, Arlon 85 N is being used.
Following are some key points of its applications:
- Aerospace and aircrafts
- Heavy engines instrumentation
- Automotive industries
- Down-hole drilling
- Lead-free processing
- Layer boards and burn in-boards
- Arlon PCBs are required by high applications because it needs to work under high temperatures offering consistent service for a longer time duration.
- Digital antennas
- Military radars use Arlon for networking purposes
- Broadcasting antennas
- Satellite electronics
How does Arlon TC350 compare to Arlon 85n?
Arlon TC350 is used as a substrate in printed circuit boards.TC350 is designed in such a way that it can offer a high transfer of heat through thermal conductivity while keeping the rate of dielectric loss and thermal loss extremely low. The antenna’s working efficiency would be increased accordingly as the losses are low. Arlon TC 350 can reduce the hot spot of the device and can improve the reliability of the device while working.
While on the other hand as we have read about Arlon 85 N. This is a pure polyimide resin system with a 250-degree high glass transition temperature. It offers excellent thermal resistance against high temperature in electronic devices. Pure resin formulation and high-temperature stability are paired together with Arlon 85 N and can be the best available choice for heavy multilayer devices such as aerospace pieces of equipment, military gadgets, space, and other gadgets also that require a high amount of thermal stability.
How to fabricate Arlon 85N on PCB?
Arlon is the ultimate polyimide that provides working in high temperatures. The prepreg system and excellent thermal resistance are suitable for electronic devices. That’s why printed circuit boards have the fabrication done by Arlon 85 N.
Arlon 85 N can be used for the fabrication of printed circuit board under the following conditions:
- Colour oxidation needs to be done inside the layers. Brown oxidation is preferred.
- The coating should be done uniformly. You should also take care of dwelling time in the oxide bath.
- Your pressurized system should be under control like less than 6 degrees.
- Use standard industry methods step by step. Go for developing, etching, layering, and striping when needed.
- Pre-vacuum for between every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set a standard heat rise and temperature conditions.
So these were some standard conditions you need to take care of while fabricating Arlon 85 N on printed circuit boards. We have seen that Arlon is playing a vital role in PCBs and many other electronic devices. As it is a polyimide and it offers excellent thermal stability with glass temperature so it can work under high service needed areas. In heavy application industries, we need to put our devices at work for a very long time so Arlon 85 N is the best choice in that way.