The Xilinx Automotive (XA) Spartan™-IIE 1.8V Field-Programmable Gate Array family is specifically designed to meet the needs of high-volume, cost-sensitive automotive electronic applications. The family gives users high performance, abundant logic resources, and a rich feature set, all at an exceptionally low price. The five-member family offers densities ranging from 50,000 to 300,000 system gates, as shown in Table 1. System performance is supported beyond 200 MHz. Spartan-IIE devices deliver more gates, I/Os, and features per dollar than other FPGAs by combining advanced process technology with a streamlined architecture based on the proven Virtex™-E platform. Features include block RAM (to 64K bits), distributed RAM (to 98,304 bits), 19 selectable I/O standards, and four DLLs (Delay-Locked Loops). Fast, predictable interconnect means that successive design iterations continue to meet timing requirements. XA devices are available in both the extended-temperature Q-grade (-40°C to +125°C) and industrial I-grade (-40°C to +100°C) and are qualified to the industry-recognized AEC-Q100 standard. The XA Spartan-IIE family is a superior alternative to mask-programmed ASICs. The FPGA avoids the initial cost, lengthy development cycles, and inherent risk of conventional ASICs. Also, FPGA programmability permits design upgrades in the field with no hardware replacement necessary (impossible with ASICs).
- AEC-Q100 device qualification and full PPAP support available in both extended temperature Q-grade and I-grade
- Guaranteed to meet full electrical specifications over TJ =–40°C to +125°C
- Second generation ASIC replacement technology
- Densities as high as 6,912 logic cells with up to 300,000 system gates - Very low cost
- System-level features
- SelectRAM+™ hierarchical memory: · 16 bits/LUT distributed RAM · Configurable 4K-bit true dual
-port block RAM · Fast interfaces to external RAM
- Dedicated carry logic for high-speed arithmetic
- Efficient multiplier support
- Cascade chain for wide-input functions
- Abundant registers/latches with enable, set, reset
- Four dedicated DLLs for advanced clock control · Eliminate clock distribution delay · Multiply, divide, or phase shift
- Four primary low-skew global clock distribution nets - IEEE 1149.1 compatible boundary scan logic
- Versatile I/O and packaging
- Low-cost packages available in all densities
- 19 high-performance interface standards · LVTTL, LVCMOS, HSTL, SSTL, AGP, CTT, GTL · LVDS and LVPECL differential I/O
- Up to 120 differential I/O pairs that can be input, output, or bidirectional • Fully supported by powerful Xilinx ISE development system - Fully automatic mapping, placement, and routing
- Integrated with design entry and verification tools
- Extensive IP library including DSP functions
General Overview The Spartan-IIE family of FPGAs have a regular, flexible, programmable architecture of Configurable Logic Blocks (CLBs), surrounded by a perimeter of programmable Input/Output Blocks (IOBs). There are four Delay-Locked Loops (DLLs), one at each corner of the die. Two columns of block RAM lie on opposite sides of the die, between the CLBs and the IOB columns. The XC2S400E has four columns of block RAM. These functional elements are interconnected by a powerful hierarchy of versatile routing channels (see Figure 1). Spartan-IIE FPGAs are customized by loading configuration data into internal static memory cells. Unlimited reprogramming cycles are possible with this approach. Stored values in these cells determine logic functions and interconnections implemented in the FPGA. Configuration data can be read from an external serial PROM (master serial mode), or written into the FPGA in slave serial, slave parallel, or Boundary Scan modes. Spartan-IIE FPGAs are typically used in high-volume applications where the versatility of a fast programmable solution adds benefits. Spartan-IIE FPGAs are ideal for shortening product development cycles while offering a cost-effective solution for high volume production. Spartan-IIE FPGAs achieve high-performance, low-cost operation through advanced architecture and semiconductor technology. Spartan-IIE devices provide system clock rates beyond 200 MHz. Spartan-IIE FPGAs offer the most cost-effective solution while maintaining leading edge performance. In addition to the conventional benefits of high-volume programmable logic solutions, Spartan-IIE FPGAs also offer on-chip synchronous single-port and dual-port RAM (block and distributed form), DLL clock drivers, programmable set and reset on all flip-flops, fast carry logic, and many other Spartan-IIE Family Compared to Spartan-II Family.
- AEC-Q100 device qualification and full PPAP support available in both extended temperature Q-grade and I-grade Spartan-IIE Family Compared to Spartan-II Family
- Higher density and more I/O
- Higher performance • Unique pinouts in cost-effective packages
- Differential signaling - LVDS, Bus LVDS, LVPECL • VCCINT = 1.8V - Lower power - 5V tolerance with external resistor - 3V tolerance directly • LVTTL and LVCMOS2 input buffers powered by VCCO instead of VCCINT • Unique larger bitstream.
Ready use the product as bellow:
1. MCU/MPU Modules provide a simple solution that includes on-board RAM and memory to help minimize dimensional impact while allowing for powerful calculating ability.
2. Embedded Computer:For use when building a design for Digital Signage, a Kiosk, POS, Industrial Control, and so on, and available in several form factors.
3. RF Transceiver Modules:These are complete modules with antennas or which have the components ready for an antenna. Some product is available with FCC Certifications.
4. Sensors:Includes Temperature, Magnetic, Pressure, Optical, Inertia, Current, Environmental, Image/Camera, Capacitive Touch, Ultrasonic, Encoders, IrDA, Solar Sensors and Sensor Amplifiers.
5. Maker/DIY, Educational:Digi-Key stays with its roots as a company for hobbyists, now known as makers. Explore small robots, build-it-yourself kits, wearables, and educational kits here to expand your knowledge and creativity.
6. Internet of Things (IoT):Here you will find everything IoT related. From one-way radios and wireless modules to IoT specific development platforms down to RF connectors and antennas, Digi-Key is the go-to distributor for the Internet of Things.