The MAX77680/MAX77681 is a 3-channel single-inductor multiple-output (SIMO) buck-boost regulator that regulates three independent rails using only 3µA of quiescent current (IQ). The SIMO improves battery life by replacing inefficient LDOs while being competitive in efficiency to traditional single-output bucks.
The SIMO operates on a input supply between 2.7V and 5.5V. The outputs are independently programmable between 0.8V and 5.25V depending on ordering option. Each output is a buck-boost with glitchless transition between buck and boost operation. The SIMO can support >300mA loads (1.8VOUT, 3.7VIN).
The device integrates a flexible power sequencer (FPS) to control power-up/down order of each output. The default output voltages and sequence can be programmed at the factory. An I2C serial interface is used to further configure the device.
The MAX77680/MAX77681 is available in a 30-bump wafer-level package (WLP). Total solution size is only 15.5mm2. For a similar product with an LDO and battery charger, refer to the MAX77650 data sheet.
MAX77680, MAX77681: Simplified Application Circuit Enlarge+
- Single-Inductor, Multiple-Output (SIMO) Extends Battery Life
1. 300nA Shutdown Current
2. 0µA Operating Quiescent Current (3 SIMO Channels On)
3. Improves Overall System Efficiency while Reducing Size
4. Maintains Regulation without Dropout unlike Traditional Bucks
5. Glitchless Buck-Boost Operation
- Compact, High-Efficiency Power Solution
1. Three Independent Channels from SIMO Regulator
2. 7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range from Single Cell Li-Ion
3. 8V to 5.25V Output Voltage Range (Table 1)
4. Flexible Power Sequencing
5. On-Key Input for Hardware Enable
6. Reset Output
- Small Size
1. 75mm x 2.15mm (0.7mm max height) WLP
2. 30-Bump, 0.4mm Pitch, 6 x 5 Array
3. 2mm2Total Solution Size
Next Post: PCB Microvia Processing Technology HDI Application