A Good PCB Fabrication Manufacturer is so hard to find ,Although there are so many PCB manufacturer in the market , How to find a trusting PCB Factory that You can court on their PCB Manufacturing .
Here 16 Points to Identify them : 7 Questions and 9 Tips .
7 Questions to Ask the PCB Manufacturer .
With so many PCB manufacturers to choose from, it's easy to feel overwhelmed with picking the right one. This may come as a surprise, but not all PCB manufacturers are created equal. In fact, by asking these questions before you choose a PCB manufacturer, you'll get to see firsthand how some manufacturers simply don't measure up to others.
1. How many years have you been in business?
When it comes to manufacturing circuit boards, experience is everything. This question not only sheds light on a manufacturer's competence, but also their ability to constantly adapt and innovate over time.
2. What are your certifications?
Often times, PCB manufacturers offer unbelievably low-priced circuit boards with lightning fast delivery…all at the expense of the quality. This question provides insight on the quality of a manufacturer's processes, materials, and of course the printed circuit boards. Beware: Some PCB manufacturers claim to be compliant with certain quality standards but haven't followed the proper procedures to become officially certified.
3. Where is your customer service team located?
Please note that some PCB manufacturers don't have a customer service team, just a sales team that occasionally performs customer service duties. This question is great for customers that value ongoing communication and long-term relationships with their manufacturers, especially if time-zone delays or language barriers make it impossible to get the service they deserve.
4. Where do you manufacture your circuit boards?
Believe it or not, more than half of the "PCB manufacturers" in the industry don't manufacture anything at all- they're actually PCB brokers, serving as a middleman between customers and manufacturers.
5. Can your pricing compete with offshore circuit board manufacturers?
This question is only useful for PCB manufacturers in the U.S., and for most of them, the answer will be "no".
6. What makes your company unique?
This question will make most PCB manufacturers cringe, simply because they won't have an answer. There are hundreds of manufacturers that do little or nothing to stand out, and are perfectly content with going with the flow. If a PCB manufacturer can't explain what makes them unique, chances are they're just like the rest.
7. Prove it!
Not all PCB manufacturers will be completely honest while answering the questions above. If something seems fishy or too good to be true, ask nicely for proof to back up a company's claim or do your own research.
9 Tips to ensure they are good PCB manufacturer
Finding the right PCB Manufacturer can be a bit overwhelming. With the market saturated with many PCB manufacturers and pricing varying significantly, you may be wondering if you have chosen the right company to produce your PCBs, either prototypes or high volume production. We have compiled 9 Tips to Choosing the Right PCB Manufacturer.
1) Fab Notes – Will they follow your requirements or will they simply build to a standard set of tolerances and specs? Extremely low cost vendors tend to limit what they will accept in fab notes.
2) Support – Do they offer engineering support to review your design and make sure there are no mistakes prior to spending money on fabrication?
3) Quality – Is there enough trust and credibility to believe that they will build your board correctly the first time, or is there worry that they may produce an incorrect board and cause delays?
4) Delivery Time – Will an extremely low cost PCB manufacturer require several weeks to schedule and build your PCB boards? Three-day turn arounds will cost much more with these companies.
5) Test – Will they provide 100% connectivity testing on the boards after manufacturing?
6) Capacity – Do they have the capability to take your approved prototypes and transition to PCB production orders of 1,000, 10,000 or even 100,000+ ?
7) Certifications – Are they able to provide UL 94V-0 fire resistance certification on your boards?
8) Lower-Level Materials – Are the laminate materials sourced from high quality vendors or are they using cheap substitutions that will affect quality? Will they use the same material for every lot? When using the cheapest materials, the product is likely to vary from lot to lot.
9) Capability – Do they have the equipment to accommodate the manufacture and increased detail of higher technology designs? Make sure they have the PCB capabilities to manufacture your PCB’s correctly.
After those 16 Points , Let's them the PCB prototype, Donot choose PCB manufacturer only basing on Price , You will regret the choice .