Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) are very important in today’s manufacturing industry because the boards can be used to manufacture and restructure different electronic devices.
As an engineer, you want to work with the best FPGA so you can get the job done faster and neater. You don’t have to look further because the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA is one of the most reliable gate arrays you will find in the market.
In this article, you will learn more about this gate array, as well as some of the features that make it one of the best in the market.
Based on the Xilinx 7 Series
The XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA is based on the Xilinx 7 Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) series. As such, it inherits some of the features of the other gate arrays manufactured under the same series.
The most outstanding feature is that the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA comprises four FPGA, which is common with other Xilinx 7 FPGAs.
The four different FPGA families that make up the board address most of the recurring challenges with gate arrays. Some of the issues addressed are:
- Signal processing
- High-end bandwidth connection
- Low costs
Those issues, when addressed, would go a long way to make FPGA more attractive because designers want a hitch-free process.
Here are the four different FPGA families that make up the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA:
The Virtex-7 Family is used to optimize the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA for best performance. Besides, the highest capability development of this family is made possible via the 2x improvement in system performance.
Want to save costs without compromising on quality? You don’t have to bother about the huge amount of money you could have paid because the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA is also powered by another FPGA family series called Spartan-7 Family.
Spartan-7 Family of gate arrays is popular for cost reduction. In addition to this is the integration of small form-factor packaging for the smallest Printed Circuit Board (PCB) footprint.
Asides from the low cost, the Spartan-7 Family FPGA also has a high I/O performance and the lowest power consumption.
There is also the Kintex-7 Family, which is responsible for the best performance of the gate arrays.
Worthy of mention is that the Kintex-7 Family also has a 2x improvement when compared to what was obtainable in the previous FPGA generations.
To that end, designers can be confident of leveraging it to enable a new class of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
The Artix-7 family is the last of the four FPGAs that make up the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA. This family comes with additional features to make the work easier.
At the core of its solutions is the provision of the lowest total Bill of Materials (BOMs) that are used to cut down on the costs of cost-sensitive applications, as well as high-throughput.
Features of the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA
The XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA packs loads of features that would make users of previous FPGA generations green with envy.
Here are some of the features you want to explore on the gate arrays:
1. High Speed
The speed of the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA is not in doubt, because it is built with high-speed serial connectivity. This feature also comes with built-in multi-gigabit transceivers that can move at a minimum speed of 600 megabits per second and up to 28.05 gigabits per second.
This high-speed connectivity also makes the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA ideal for chip-to-chip interface optimization. It is also possible to use it for low-power applications.
2. Multiple Configuration Options
You also like the fact that the XC7A100T-2FGG484i FPGA has multiple configuration options that give you the power to optimize it for different kinds of designs.
Some of the configuration options are:
- Built-in SEU detection and correction
- Support for commodity memories
- Variety of encryptions, including 256-bit AES encryption with HMAC/SHA-256 authentication.
3. Lower Power Configuration
The XC7A100T-2FGG484i is also configured to consume lower power. This means that the board would not overheat and you do not need to worry about excess power consumption.
The lower power configuration of the XC7A100T-2FGG484i Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) is possible because of some components.
The most outstanding component is the use of 0.9 volts, which is the core voltage that optimizes the board for even lower power consumption.
The lower power consumption also works together with the high-performance design, which is facilitated via the 1.0 volts core voltage technology, HPL process, HKMG, and 28 nm.
4. Family Migration
Remember that the XC7A100T-2FGG484i is made up of four different families under the Xilinx 7 family. As such, it is possible to interchange these FPGA families for maximum performance.
You can be confident when doing this because the XC7A100T-2FGG484i has low-cost, lidless flip-chip, wire bond, and high signal integrity flip-chip packaging that can be used for migrating from the different FPGA families in the package.
The XC7A100T-2FGG484i has many other features that include:
- It has powerful Clock Management Tiles (CMT) that achieve low jitter and high precision by combining Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) and Mixed-Mode Clock Manager (MMCM).
- The gate array also has advanced high-performance logic that is based on real 6-input Lookup Table (LUT) technology. The logic can be configured to function as distributable memory.
- High-performance filtering and optimized symmetric coefficient filtering are also possible because of the pre-adder. The gate array also features DSP slices with a 48-bit accumulator and 25 x 16 multiplier.
- On-chip buffering is also supported because of the integration of 36-kilobyte dual-port RAM, alongside built-in FIFO Logic.
- The XC7A100T-2FGG484i also features a User-Configurable Analog Interface (XADC) that incorporates dual 12-bit 1MSPS analog-to-digital converters. Supply sensors and on-chip thermal are also supported.
- High-performance SelectIO technology is also included. It supports DDR3 Interfaces up to 1,866 Mb/s.
- It also features an integrated block for PCI Express (PCIe). The integrated block supports up to x8 Root Port and Endpoint designs.
The XC7A100T-2FGG484i is worth the investment because it makes the job of working with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) easier.
Besides, you can use the board for many other purposes, such as improving system performance while reducing the cost.