Modern-day PCBs have to be pretty efficient to carry out their functions properly. Hence, manufacturers utilize the best materials to build high-quality and durable PCBs. The Nelco N4000-13 BC is a high-speed multifunctional Epoxy laminate and prepreg that is one of a kind. The efficiency of this material is unmatched by many others. But what does it entail? And is it worth trying out?
About the Nelco N4000-13 BC
The Nelco N4000-13 BC is a system of epoxy resin which is enhanced to fit today’s lead-free assembly requirements. The Nelco N4000-13 BC is pretty efficient as it can withstand multiple reflow soldering processes at temperatures of up to 2600C. What’s more, the Nelco N4000-13 BC also provides excellent thermal reliability with little to no compromises on:
- Electrical properties
- Signal loss properties
The Nelco N4000-13 BC also offers Buried capacitance, which provides a higher degree of designing freedom for:
- Reliable assemblies
- Smaller assemblies
Material components of the Nelco N4000-13 BC laminate
To manufacture the Nelco N4000-13 BC, you can utilize many materials available in the market today. These materials, however, have to exhibit impressive thermal resistance and provide signal integrity. They should also have dielectric constants and low dissipation factors that lead to the generation of a high frequency.
The main components that you can utilize to build the Nelco N4000-13 BC are:
- Teflon materials which provide high-frequency Nelco N4000-13 BC laminates
- Copper clad materials which provide high voltage circuits
- Polyimide materials which provide rigid-flex and flexible Nelco N4000-13 BC laminates
- BT Epoxy Resin components which offer multilayer print circuit boards that are lead-free
Main Benefits and Features of the Nelco N4000-13 BC
You can efficiently utilize the Nelco N4000-13 BC in assemblies that hit reflow temperatures of up to 2450C. However, the results of this procedure mainly depend upon your PCB design.
Excellent thermal, signal loss, and electrical properties
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has incredible thickness control for better tolerance impedance utilization having:
- Low dielectric constants and
- Differential factors.
These remarkable properties promote higher signal transfer and relatively fast signal distortion for:
- Higher reliability
- High-frequency utilization
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has CAF resistance which provides reliability for RF and digital applications.
The buried capacitance property of Nelco N4000-13 BC enhances its electrical performance immensely.
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has multiple construction designs. You can choose different copper weights and glass styles to customize your Nelco N4000-13 BC.
Other features that make the Nelco N4000-13 BC stand out
- It offers higher-Tg and FR-4 processing
- The Nelco N4000-13 BC has incredible thermal stability
- It also has signal loss and electrical properties
- Advanced propriety resin technology is another feature that makes the Nelco N4000-13 BC stand out
Qualifications/Applications of the Nelco N4000-13 BC
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has a couple of applications which include:
- Routing or internet switching
- It is helpful in fast storage networks
- Fast service applications due to their quick computing capability
- Wireless communication applications
- CSP attachment application
- BGA multilayers
- Surface mounting multilayers
- Backplanes applications
- Creating interconnections of high density
- It is helpful in PCB multilayers which have fine lines
- MCM-Ls applications
Physical properties of the Nelco N4000-13 BC
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has the following physical properties:
Density – its density stands at 1.77 g/cc
Water absorption – its water absorption stands at 10%
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has the following mechanical properties:
- Peel strength of 1.31 kN/m after the solder float process
- At high temperatures, the peel strength of Nelco N4000-13 BC stands at 1.42 kN/m
- After going through the process solutions, its peel strength stands at 1.58 kN/m
Electrical properties of the Nelco N4000-13 BC
- The Nelco N4000-13 BC has a dielectric constant of 3.2 at frequencies of 1.0e plus 10 Hz
- At a frequency of 1.0 plus 9 Hz, the Nelco N4000-13 BC has a dielectric constant of 3.3
- At a Frequency rate of 2.5e plus 9Hz, you get a dielectric constant of 3.3
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has a dielectric strength of 47.2 kV/mm
- At a frequency of 2.5 e plus 9 Hz, the Nelco N4000-13 BC has a dissipation factor of 0.0080
- On the other hand, when it is at a frequency of 1.00e plus 10 Hz, the Nelco N4000-13 BC has a dissipation factor of 0.0090
Thermal properties of the Nelco N4000-13 BC
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has a specific heat capacity of 1.21 J/g
Its thermal conductivity stands at 0.350 W/m-K
The glass transition temperature or Tg of the Nelco N4000-13 BC stands at 2000C, 2100C, and 2400C.
As per decomposition temperature, the Nelco N4000-13 BC stands at 3500C that is 6620F
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has s flammability value of v-0
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has a methylene chloride resistance value of 0.7
What’s more, its T260 (minutes) stands at >30.
Advantages of using the Nelco N4000-13 BC
The Nelco N4000-13 BC is a unique laminate that comes bearing numerous benefits that include:
The Nelco N4000-13 BC is pretty durable; you can utilize it for a pretty long time with little to no maintenance.
The tensile strength of the Nelco N4000-13 BC is strong
The Nelco N4000-13 BC laminate is a pretty strong material that has impressive tensile strength. Due to this, it can withstand push and pull pressure without causing any damage to the print circuit board.
The Nelco N4000-13 BC has impressive thermal stability
The Nelco N4000-13 BC can remain stable under pretty high temperatures. You can hence utilize it in applications that demand the utilization of high temperatures.
The Nelco N4000-13 BC is pretty lightweight, hence reducing the final product’s total weight. Furthermore, the lightweight factor of the Nelco N4000-13 BC also makes it pretty mobile.
Nelco N4000-13 BC cost factor
If you are looking to purchase the Nelco N4000-13 BC, then here are a couple of things that you have to consider:
The number of Nelco N4000-13 BC – you should significantly consider how many Nelco N4000-13 BC you will purchase.
Quality of the Nelco N4000-13 BC – high-quality Nelco N4000-13 BC costs more than low-quality Nelco N4000-13 BC.
Size of Nelco N4000-13 BC – the dimensions of the Nelco N4000-13 BC also affect its cost. Larger Nelco N4000-13 BCs cost more than small Nelco N4000-13 BCs.
The Nelco N4000-13 BC is one of the best epoxy resin systems out there that is built to fit modern-day lead-free assembling. Hence, if you are looking for a laminate to utilize in your project, we recommend the Nelco N4000-13 BC. The results are bound to surprise you.