Have you ever heard of a print circuit board? What about an LED PCB? You most probably have heard about the mini LED PCB. However, if any of these questions baffle you, worry not because we have got you. We are about to dive into a world of two merged into one. PCBs are pretty popular in the tech industry. If you are utilizing an electronic right now, that device has a PCB in it.
On the other hand, LEDs also come in handy in the tech industries. You have probably come across the many lighting displays made out of this incredible component. But what happens when you bring two of the most popular tech gadgets together. Well, we are about to find out!
What exactly is a mini LED PCB?
A mini LED print circuit board typically features up to one hundred grain-sized microns. Mini LEDs fall in between the following categories of LEDs:
- Traditional LEDs
- Micro LEDs
However, when you compare the mini led PCB to the rest, you will find that it is a better version of the two (typically based on the LED backlight solely). Another name for the mini LED is “sub-millimeter LED.”
So, what components make up the mini LED PCB, you might wonder? Well, here is your answer.
Mini LED PCB Components
When choosing mini LED PCB components, you should greatly consider thermal performance. Size, cost, and weight are also crucial.
Substrate options available include:
- CEM-3 PCB
- CEM-1 PCB
- FR4 PCB Raw Material
- Copper core PCB
- Ceramic Base PCB
Each of these materials has its ups and downs. For instance, ceramic and metal have great thermal performance compared to laminate. However, CEM-1 boards are pretty cheap but fragile when compared to CEM-3 and FR4 substrates.
Ceramic-based PCBs utilize Alumina to improve their thermal performance. Of course, you can find other components having relatively better thermal performance. However, you will have to compromise on the cost to get them as they are pretty expensive.
These components make up the mini LED PCB. Each of them is unique, but they all produce one device that is just phenomenal.
To gain a better picture of how good the mini LED is, let us compare it to the Micro LED and see the difference:
Mini LED, Micro LED comparison
- The mini LED PCB has a greater yield rate than the Micro LED
- The mini LED color rendering is better than that of the Micro LED
- Mini LED has distinctive-shaped cutting characteristics.
- The Mini LED achieves high-curved backlights using flexible substrates
- The mini LED also has got a pretty dimming design which makes it stand out when you compare it to the Micro LED
- What’s more, the mini LED HDR partitions are more refined, having a thickness that’s close to that of the OLED, which ultimately saves up a lot of power.
The mini LED is hence in high demand when it comes to applications that require:
- Power saving
- A display that has a special design
- A thinner display
Mini LEDs are pretty suitable for
- Car panels
- Gaming laptops and so on.
Why Use Mini LED PCB?
We have been all about mini LEDs and how they are incredible to this point. But how can you as a manufacturer or a consumer benefit from using Mini LED PCBs:
- For starters, the mini LED PCB is “theoretically” not as technical as other LEDs, making it pretty easy to produce in mass. That means more profit to the manufacturer and better prices to the consumer. A win-win situation.
- Higher production of mini LED PCBs means that the market is has got a good supply of the same. So, as a manufacturer, you can get them in bulk for your project without going through a great hassle.
- Less power consumption means that consumers get to save on power bills and reduce the cost of maintenance for mini LED PCBs.
- If you love saving space, then the mini LED PCB is the way to go. Just as the name dictates, the mini LED PCB is pretty small, making it perfect for space-saving.
- Do you like to keep the environment clean and healthy? Well, here is a fact that will make you like Mini LED PCB. See, PCBs are mercury-free which means that they cause less harm to the environment.
As per industry estimates, when a liquid crystal display (LCD) television panel having mini LED backlight designs is for sale. Its price is usually about sixty percent to eighty percent of an OLED television panel. However, as per picture quality and brightness, the two are indistinguishable, but as per power saving, the mini LED PCB takes the lead again.
A fifty-five-inch mini LED backlight LCD panel uses up to forty thousand LEDs. Doing so positively helps LED die manufacturers reduce production capacity, which is great for the environment.
Choosing the best mini LED Print Circuit Board Manufacturer
Experience – When choosing a manufacturer for your mini LED PCB, experience is a great factor to consider. See, LED PCB manufacturing is pretty challenging. It requires the use of special equipment and great use of surface mount knowledge.
Meeting Requirements – Ensure that your mini-led PCB manufacturer can meet your:
- Delivery requirements
- Production volume.
Supplier/Customer partnership – the manufacturer should heed your product demands. It would help if you built a partnership with them and then work hand in hand with them for optimal output. Remember that even the most experienced manufacturers sometimes make mistakes. However, when you work with these manufacturers, the chances of a mistake, for example, in the PCB design, drastically goes down.
Quality – Great factors come into play when dealing with mini LED PCBs. The manufacturer has to worry about PCB material, LEDs, etc. Therefore choosing the right manufacturer becomes crucial for the client who wishes to get quality Mini LED PCBs.
Mini LED PCBs have a lot of advantages, and it is pretty clear that more applications of these devices are likely to turn up as they move on into the future. If you wish to utilize mini-led PCBs for your project, we hope that this article has provided you with all the information you need. Ensure you choose your manufacturers and materials right. With this two in check, you will find mini-led PCBs more impressive than you imagine