What is HDMI PCB?
You may have heard about HDMI when it comes to tech-related electronic devices but do you exactly know the meaning of it? Well, here we have tried to explain it readily. HDMI stands for high definition multimedia interface. HDMI was introduced by many companies such as Sony, Toshiba, etc. the reason was, and a single HDMI was replacing three different types of audio and video connectors in digital devices. These are the highly suggested interfaces that are used to send both videos and audio with HD signals.
In printed board circuits, HDMI can be used for sending high-rated signals from one port to another. All the electronic devices that are suing PCBs for technical purposes such as laptops, mobile phones, and many medical types of equipment are also using HDMIs in their construction for better functionality. Both commercial and domestic sectors are relying on HDMIs for connecting purposes mainly. HDMI connectors are the best possible choice for transferring data such as videos and audio. We will also read about HDMI connectors in this article.
HDMIs are serving in DVD, Media players, Play stations, Xbox, TV, and other digital devices for domestic’s purposes. In AV commercial market, laptops and PCs are using HDMI PCB rather than simply connecting cables. So in the corporate market, the value of these PCBs is increasing day by day. From education, transformation, presentation to engaging, retail displaying, and transmitting high-quality content, HDMI PCB is everywhere. HDMI PCB also solves the problem of analog that requires separate audio and video devices. Moreover, a single HDMI PCB can transmit enhanced, high quality, and standard video signals by offering up to 6 channels for transferring digital data.
What are HDMI PCB cables?
Once you have understood the high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI), now we can go ahead with its formation, structure, and working. So firstly, we will look at HDMI cables. What are HDMI cables? Well, as clear from the name these are simple cables that are used in the ports for sending videos, theater sound, high-resolution digital content through connectors, and a single cable wire. These cables can support HDMI resolutions. There are different kinds of HHDMI cables. Some of them are given below along with their specifications:
- Standard: standard HDMI PCB cables can support 4.95 GB/s and their resolution power is up 720 p to 1080 p.
- Ethernet Standard: same as standard HDMI PCB, Ethernet standard can also support 4.95 GB/s with resolution quality 1080 I. but its plus point is there is a dedicated HDMI Ethernet channel.
- High-Speed HDMI cables: as clear from the name, these HDMI cable scans support up to 10 GB/s with video quality 1080 p and 4k @ 30 Hz.
- Ethernet High Speed: same high-speed HDMI PCB, Ethernet high speed can also support 10 GB/s with resolution quality 1080 p and 4k @ 30 Hz. but its plus point is there is a dedicated HDMI Ethernet channel.
- Premium: as clear from the term, premium HDMI cables can support 18 GB /s with 4k @ 60 HZ.
- Ultra High Speed: this version of HDMI cables can support 48 GB/ s that is an excellent speed rate and also 8k @ 60 HZ and 4k @ 120 HZ.
What are HDMI PCB connectors?
HDMI PCB connectors are the modern way of HDMI that can connect audios and videos but many people are still confused with HDMI connector’s working. Let me explain in a bit easy way. Let’s give an example of the most commonly used electronic device. What is it? Have you ever seen a TV? Of course yes, maybe you are interacting with TV every single day. So, can you remember the ports behind the TV for connecting cables and wires? Modern LCDs may lack those ports but I am talking about TV specifically. It’s a bit like a USB port but a little wider and taller. So it is designed in such a way that HDMI can fit one way around.
For example, you can check the back of the AV receive that possesses many possesses many HDMI connector ports. We can say that HDMI connectors are the significant hardware components for input-output purposes in a modern piece of pieces of equipment. The modern era is occupied by HDMI PCB connectors. You can find them in gaming consoles, TVs to set up portions, desktop linking, and at many other common places. As a matter of fact, from the corporate market to home technology devices, HDMI formats are the common ways for carrying high-quality audio and video signals between source and display.
HDMI connectors are reputable among many other wire connectors available in the market because of their specification. They are well known for transmitting HD signals, high-quality audio-video content, speed, terminal, and bandwidth also. HDMI PCB connectors were discovered in the early 2000s and till now, there is a specific number of revisions have been discovered. In addition, there is 7 revision of HDMI connectors has been introducing till now. And for a matter of fact, each revision has added great value in its specification and functionality.
As far as we have looked at the functionality of the HDMI PCB connector. Let’s talk a little bit about its structure. How does it look like? As I mentioned before, it is a way similar to a simple USB port but not the same. There are two specific sides of the connector, a male side, and the female side. The male side of the connector is usually intended into the other side where the cable ends. But as discussed before USB port is way more different than the HDMI connector. You may have found the HDMI connector a little wider and taller than a standard USB port. Moreover, HDMI ports are trapezium-shaped connectors having opposite sides of faces of unequal length. Although there are several sizes and shapes of the HDMI PCB is available but the home appliances and corporate market tend to use the standard size mostly.
What is a micro HDMI PCB?
As clear from the name, these are micro-sized cables that are most commonly used for home devices such as TVs and play stations. Certain types of HDMI PCB are described as A, B, C, and D. so micro HDMI PCB is of type D and this is the miniaturized version of high definition multimedia interface. These formats were introduced for combining audio and video into a single interface that is small enough to be used in smartphones, laptops, and other mini devices.
HD viewing is allowed in this type of HDMI connector for connecting small devices and types of equipment that includes phones, cameras, media players, recording devices, and Go Pro devices also. The HDMI Ethernet channel is also allowed in this type of connector that helps in consolidating video, audio, and other streams into one single device. The standard size for type D HDMI PCB is 6.4 mm to 2.8 mm. moreover the pin assignment in the micro connector is different from other types of connectors. This usually counts from 5 and 1.
Benefits of HDMI PCB:
There are many connectors and data transmitting devices that are used in PCB but HDMI offers some extra benefits. One of the most significant key factors is that you just need a cable for transferring the high bandwidth of data such as videos, audios, 3D, and now Ethernet also. On a domestic level, it provides ease to the consumer. It is less daunting for home entertainment to connect the TV and other play stations just by one data cable. Moreover, if we look at the commercial perspective then designers are using HDMI PCB along with other interfaces such as VGA and DVI which is the best combination.
Following are the key advantages of using HDMI PCB:
- HDMI PCB is very handy and easy to use with several devices for transmitting HD singles.
- The reason for using HDMI PCB is that it helps increase the total resolution of the content with better contrast and colors.
- HDMI PCB helps the devices to make a ‘talking way” with each other. By making communication between devices, the audio-video system is more intuitive and under control by a single device.
- The loss of data can be decreased by using HDMI PCB.
- The sharpness of video and text can be much improved by HDMI PCB.
- There are many bit formats so delivering deep colors is also appreciated in these PCBs.
- The data carries by cables is authenticated and encrypted in HDMI PCB, so the security purpose is also fulfilled.
- The connection between devices is simply because of a single cable rather than using some wires.
- As there is no compression in the data while transmitting so degradation is also low in HDMI PCB.
In a conclusion, we can say that HDMI PCBs are serving in many electric devices and making them more reliable and secure. The quality of the content is also improved by using these interfaces.