Electronics play a vital role in global modernization, as they facilitate the execution of developed codes and act as pivotal mediums during and after the programming process. Therefore, it doesnt surprise to find electronics dominating almost every aspect of life. From communication to entertainment, learning to manufacture processes, electronics prove key.
Japan, a recently emerged global powerhouse in the prism of electronic manufacturing, fascinates in many ways. However, I always get excited by the prospect of canvassing for EMS electronic manufacturing companies in this country. The quality of systems and processes not only sets the standards but the electronic products as well. However, different EMS companies provide different manufacturing services and deferring quality, pricing, and delivery timelines. Therefore, it becomes crucial to choose a top-tier EMS electronic manufacturer. So how can you go about it?
How to Choose a Top EMS Electronic Manufacturing Company
The art of picking the best EMS electronic company, especially in Japan, can prove challenging. Many EMS electronic manufacturing companies operate in the country, making it easy to end up with the wrong manufacturing service provider. However, you can always overcome this huddle by applying simple principles as detailed below.
- Firstly, always consider the EMS Company’s rating before deciding one contracting them for electronic manufacturing solutions for your equipment, system, or devices. Plenty of work and factors determine a company’s rating in its line of work. For instance, an EMS company rating will potentially consider its manufacturing capacity, size, experience in the industry, liquidity, technology, certifications, etc. Therefore, if the ratings of an EMS company prove high, the likelihood of the company manufacturing quality electronic products also increases. The converse is also true when the ratings are too low. The absence of any ratings implies the need to continue researching the company besides using other metrics to determine its suitability to your electronic manufacturing needs.
- Recommendations from family, peers, and friends that you trust can also prove a worthwhile source, especially if they have used the manufacturer’s services before. However, it would help if you used this metric with other crucial factors as well.
- Review of the EMS electronic manufacturing company online. Most reviewers often consider specific things. Additionally, in most cases, they always prove either seasoned or first-time users of the manufacturing service provider. Therefore, their feedback on their experiences using the manufacturer’s services and products becomes a valuable indicator of manufacturing capacity and quality from the specific electronic manufacturer.
Additionally, you have to consider other aspects of the manufacturer to determine their capacity and suitability to your electronic manufacturing needs. In such instances, it becomes fundamental to consider the following.
Factors to Consider when Picking a Top-Tier EMC
Electronic manufacturing often comes as a complex process and involves plenty of internal and external factors. Therefore, not all EMCs available out there prove suitable for you or your company. To pick the correct and top-level EMS Company from the litany of EMS electronic companies on offer, it becomes wise to consider and ask the following questions.
- Does the EMC have extensive experience and history in the electronics industry? Picking the right manufacturing partner can become difficult, considering the manufacturer’s credibility and pedigree in the industry. A top and suitable EMC should demonstrate extensive years of successfully manufacturing electronic products.
- Can the company add value to your design process? Plenty of electronic manufacturing service companies provide some support through DFM (design for manufacturing). As an OEM, you should consider an EMS partner who not only proves proactive but possess world-class toolsets, staff with extensive technical know-how, and clear design procedures to facilitate and speed up the production process.
- Is it apparent the EMS investment in modern advanced equipment and technologies? The ability to get your electronic manufacturing needs met through the latest, and advanced equipment and technology will guarantee excellent electronic products.
- Does the manufacturer adhere to all industry guidelines and quality standards? Most top market leaders in electronic manufacturing will demonstrate adherence to specific industry regulations through certifications. Such certifications become instrumental in adhering to stringent business control and processes, especially in the aerospace, medical, and defense sectors. It all demonstrates the capability and commitment of the manufacturer in producing quality manufacturing services.
- How broad is their offer on product testing? The discussion on product testing often has to get conducted early during the design phase, especially for electronic products that need to operate in harsh environments. Here, reliability and environmental testing become crucial.
- Will the EMS company handle your needs post-order fulfillment? The availability of a dedicated and skilled team in a manufacturer proves reassuring when it comes to the capacity of them meeting your manufacturing demands.
- Does the manufacturer communicate transparently and effectively? Collaboration, communication, and consistency become essential between you and the EMS partner.
- Is the company sufficiently flexible to handle product revisions and changes when needed during the production process?
- Does the EMS Company have a process of product introduction? A top EMS partner should have a pipeline for new electronic design production and something you need to consider.
- Can the EMS Company prove a cultural fit? Top EMS companies should understand the electronic manufacturing requirements that you need to get the job completed.
- What is the manufacturing footprint of the EMS, and can it suit your long and short-term needs?
- Does the EMS provider’s range of services include product lifecycle management or a counterfeit prevention system?
- Can the EMS provider handle traceability?
- Can the electronic manufacturing service provider’s manufacturing mix match your product needs?
- Can the EMS provider address and monitor the service levels?
- Can you trust the EMS provider to become your electronic brand ambassador?
- Can the EMS Company align its model of business to yours?
Top EMS Electronic Manufacturing Companies in Japan
Established in 2009 after a merger, the EMS Company originally got founded in 1947. The company comes well-rated company and delves in the manufacture of quality and certified design, manufacturing, and supply services.
It is a certified company located in Tokyo, Japan, with adequate capacity composed of quality and latest technologies, equipment, and machines, and skilled employees to design and manufacture quality electronic products, irrespective of the industry.
- Provides electronic manufacturing solutions for diverse industries
- Extensive experience in the industry
- Multiple locations
- Compliant with industry regulations and standards
- Construction equipment
- Smartphone camera module
- Medical equipment
- Video equipment
- OA equipment
- Industrial equipment
- Building equipment
EMS provider’s website link
2. RayMing PCB & Assembly
Founded in 2005, RayMing PCB and Assembly Company comes highly rated and majors in the manufacturing, assembly, and fabrication of printed circuit boards. It has an international stature with a presence in Japan.
The company has skilled personnel, the latest technologies, and modern industry-leading machines to manufacture, fabricate, and assemble double and multi-layer PCB. It also deals in printed circuit board component sourcing. It has multiple industry certifications and guarantees quality PCB services and products.
- Quick response service
- Full printed circuit board manufacturing
- Large support team
- Prototype to volume printed circuit board assembly services
- Best delivery times
EMS provider’s website link
Established in 1910, the company focuses on developing superior electronic products by converging technology to offer telecommunication and information systems, industrial and social infrastructure solutions.
It has over 100000 skilled staff worldwide, which combine with state-of-the-art technologies and modern equipment to deliver certified digital and electronic solutions. The company is located in Tokyo, Japan.
- Over a century of experience in providing electronic solutions
- Over 100000 skilled global workforce
- Provides information and telecommunication systems solutions
- Compliant with industry regulation and standards through certifications
- Multiple locations in different countries
- Information and telecommunication systems
- Drone solution
- Nuclear power plants
- Power grids
- Power generation systems
- Wind turbine
- Power semiconductors
- Energy and equipment management service
- Medical equipment
- Navigation and audio-visual
- Automotive systems
- Home appliances
- Financial Services for corporate/consumer
- Escalators and elevators
The EMS Company comes as an industry leader in electronics manufacturing services and specializes in designing, manufacturing, and supplying electronic appliances and systems. Sony has a large yet skilled workforce who meet cutting-edge technologies and latest equipment and machines deployed by the company manufacture quality and certifiable electronic products.
It is located in Tokyo, Japan though it has multiple locations elsewhere due to its global nature.
- Company highlights
- Compliant with industry standards and regulations
- Multiple global locations
- Over 110000 employees
Manufacturing of consumer electronics
- Products offered
- Audio products
- Video products
- Personal computers, etc.
The company got founded in 1894, though the brand got launched in 1918. It comes as an elite-level company with a global presence and specializes in designing, researching and developing, and manufacturing electronic products.
It has highly skilled personnel, outstanding equipment, and the latest technologies to continually improve and innovate besides developing and manufacturing quality and certified electronic products for diverse industries. It is located in Osaka, Japan.
- Big on sustainability
- Serves diverse industry
- Certified and compliant with industry regulation and standards
- Research, development, and manufacturing services
- Multiple manufacturing locations in the world
- Production of diverse types of electronics
- Utility and entertainment applications
- Electronic devices
6. Mitsubishi Electric
With over 100 years of industry experience, Mitsubishi Electric comes as an industry leader in the innovation and manufacturing of electronic products. The company provides high-quality and reliable electronic products for diverse industries.
The company manufactures diverse and high-quality products due to the technologies, skilled workforce, and equipment deployed in the design and production process.
- Compliant with the electronic industry regulations
- Multiple production and distribution locations world over
- Manufacture and distribution of diverse electronic products
- Big on sustainability
- Home products
- Space systems
- Air conditioners
- Factory automation systems
- Automotive equipment
- Information and communication systems
- Public systems
- Building systems
- Semiconductors and devices
- Energy systems
- Transportation systems
- Visual information systems
7. NTT DOCOMO
Established in 1992, the electronic manufacturing services company delves into the production of telecommunication system services. It has qualified personnel, state-of-the-art equipment, and technologies to produce quality and certified electronic products. It is located in Tokyo, Japan.
- Compliant with industry regulation, for instance, the radio radiation protection from smartphone handsets.
- Manufacture of diverse electronic products
- Diverse manufacturing and distribution locations across the globe
- Support services
- 5G home routers
- XR products
- Data communication products
- Tablets, etc.
8. Toshiba Corporation
The company has over 50 years of industry experience and comes as a highly rated EMS company. It provides electronic solutions for different industries and sectors. It is located in Tokyo, Japan.
- Diversified product and services solutions
- Certified and compliant with industry requirements
- Diverse locations all over the world
- Over 50 years of experience
- Manufactures products for diverse industries
- Desktops, etc.
9. Sharp Global
The company comes highly rated and manufactures besides distributing electronic equipment, communication equipment, and electronic application systems. The company has its base in Osaka, Japan.
- Big on sustainability
- Research and development
- Compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Skilled workforce
- Modern equipment and cutting-edge manufacturing technologies
- Multiple locations
- Television sets
- Smartphones/ Mobile phones
- Solar products
The company comes as a highly rated EMS company specializing in the manufacture and distribution of cables and wires. It manufactures quality electronic products for deployment in diverse sectors. It has its base in Tokyo, Japan.
- Multiple locations all over the world
- Compliance with regulations and standards of the industry
- Skilled workforce
- Latest technologies and equipment to manufacture quality electronic products
- Demonstrated experience in the industry
- Medical solutions
- Fusion splicers
- Wind farm solutions
- Cloud networking
- Smart wiring
- Automotive solutions
- EV Connectors
- Thermal Solutions
- Fiber lasers
The importance of finding the correct EMS manufacturing company for your electronic manufacturing needs, especially in Japan, cannot get stated enough. While the process can always prove difficult, you have to get it right. What better way than by picking one of the top ten reviewed Japan-based electronic manufacturing service companies? Additionally, you can always consider the insights provided in settling for the correct top-tier EMS provider, as detailed in the article.