LED heat dissipation is the biggest problem for LED manufacturers. However, you can use an aluminum substrate, because aluminum has high thermal conductivity and good heat dissipation, which can effectively export internal heat.
The aluminum substrate is a unique metal-based copper clad laminate with good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation properties and machinability.
(1) Using surface mount technology (SMT);
(2) Extremely efficient treatment of thermal diffusion in circuit design;
(3) Reduce product operating temperature, increase product power density and reliability, and extend product life;
(4) Reduce product size, hardware and assembly costs;
(5) Replace the fragile ceramic substrate for better mechanical durability.
2. The structure of aluminum PCB
Aluminum-based copper clad laminate is a metal circuit board material, composed of copper foil, thermally conductive insulating layer and metal substrate.
There are three layers:
(1)Circuit Layer:Equivalent to ordinary copper clad laminate, line copper foil thickness loz to 10oz.
(2)Dielectric layer: It is a low thermal resistance thermal insulation material.
(3) Base Layer: It is a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper.
The circuit layer is etched to form a printed circuit that interconnects the each part of components. In general, the circuit layer is required to have a large current carrying capacity, so that you should use a thick copper foil with 35 μm to 280 μm thickness.
The thermal dielectric layer is the core technology of the aluminum substrate, which has the ability to resist heat aging and withstand mechanical and thermal stresses.The thermal insulation layer of the high-performance aluminum substrate uses this technology to make it have excellent thermal conductivity and high-strength electrical insulation properties.
The metal base layer is a supporting member of the aluminum PCB, which is required to have high thermal conductivity. Generally, you can use aluminum plate, or copper plate (It can provide better thermal conductivity), which is suitable for conventional machining such as drilling, punching and cutting etc.
3. The application of aluminum PCB
Function: Hybrid Integrated Circuit (HIC)
(1) Audio equipment: input and output amplifier, balanced amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier, etc.
(2) Power supply equipment: switching regulator, DC/AC converter, SW regulator, etc.
(3) Communication electronic equipment: high frequency amplifier, filtering appliance, reporting circuit.
(4) Office automation equipment: motor drives, etc.
(5) Car: Electronic regulator, igniter, power controller, etc.
(6) Computer: CPU board, VCD drive, power supply unit, etc.
(7) Power module: Inverter 'solid relay' rectifier bridge, etc.
Next Post: Constant Current Control Circuit Diagram