The use of PCB materials for printed circuit boards, as well as other applications is important. This is one reason why it is necessary to make use of a high quality one to ensure that you get the very best delivery.
In this article, we will be talking about the Arlon 45N PCB Material. This is the multifunctional epoxy prepreg and laminate. What this simply means is that it can serve many functions. We will discuss what this material is, its features, application, properties, and recommended process conditions.
If this is of great interest to you, please continue reading. We have a lot in stock for you.
What is the Arlon 45N PCB Material?
The Arlon 45N PCB Material is known to be tough, and has a high temperature of glass transition with a value of 175 degrees Celsius by DSC. It is a prepreg system and multifunctional epoxy laminate, which is useful in different higher layer count multilayer boards. Making use of the conventional conditions for FR-4, you can process them.
They are relevant in applications such as mother boards and black planes, BGA packaging, multilayer boards of high layer count, and automotive applications. Let’s go into details of the features of this multifunctional material.
What are the Features of the Arlon 45N PCB Material?
The features of the Arlon 45N PCB Material is as follows
Great for a large number of lead-free applications. This PCB material serves different lead-free applications. This means that these applications don’t use lead because of their harmful nature.
Its flammability rating is UL-94 V0. This is the standard the UL has set to help in testing a material’s flammability which means that on any vertical specimen, burning stops in ten seconds.
Resistant to solder and Measling shock defects
It has a high glass transition temperature at 175 degrees Celsius. This means that this pcb material has a strong ability to develop glassy-state properties like rigidity, stiffness, and brittleness upon cooling.
Meets the IPC4101/26 specification and description
Also, it is RoHS/WEEE compliant. This means that it has been regulated for any hazardous substance utilized in manufacturing electronic and electrical equipment. This means that this pcb material has passed the RoHS/WEEE compliance.
Resists cracking of the inner layer copper and barrel cracking when fabrication is on
What are the Applications of the Arlon 45N PCB Material?
The applications of the Arlon 45N PCB Material include
- Mother boards and black planes,
- BGA packaging
- Multilayer boards of high layer count, and
- Automotive applications
What are the Properties of the Arlon 45N PCB Material?
The following properties below, shows what the Arlon 45N PCB Material has to offer.
The Arlon 45N PCB Material has the following physical properties
- Flammability rating of V0
- Also, its thermal conductivity of 0.25 W/mk
- It has a density of about 1.85 g/cm3
- Water absorption of 0.1%
The Arlon 45N PCB Material has the following thermal properties.
- Its temperature for glass transition is at 175 degrees Celsius.
- At 50 – 260 degrees Celsius, the Arlon 45N PCB Material’s expansion along the Z-axis is 2.4%.
- For the X, Y axis it has a CTE of 14 to 16 ppm/C.
- At the Z-axis (>Tg), it has a CTE of 200 ppm/C, while for <Tg, it has a value of 55 ppm/C
The Arlon 45N PCB Material has the following electrical properties.
- Its dielectric constant falls between 4.2 and 4.6 at 1 MHz
- It has a volume resistivity of 2.6 × 107 MΩ-cm for C96/35/90, while at E24/125, it has a volume resistivity of 3.3 × 107 MΩ-cm
- At 1 MHz, it has a dissipation factor of 0.025
- Also, this pcb material has an electrical strength of 1500 kV/mm
- Its arc resistance is 65 seconds
- Its surface resistivity at E24/125 and C96/35/90 is 2.9 × 107 MΩ and 4.0 × 104 MΩ respectively
The Arlon 45N PCB Material has the following mechanical properties.
- Its Poisson’s Ratio is 0.2
- Also, its young’s modulus for CD/MD is 2.8
- Its peel strength with respect to copper is 8 N/mm after thermal stress. Then at elevated temperatures, it stands at 8 N/mm, while after process solutions, the value is 8 N/mm
Recommended Process Conditions of the Arlon 45N PCB Material
The recommended process conditions of the Arlon 45N PCB material is as follows.
For the Arlon 45N, process the inner layer through strip, etch, and develop making use of the standard practices of the industry.
Furthermore, on the inner layers, make use of brown oxide. Also, adjust the dwell time present in the oxide bath. This makes sure that there is uniform coating.
In addition, bake the inner layers in the rack for an hour at a temperature between 225 degrees Fahrenheit and 250 degrees Fahrenheit. This should be done before lay-up. Also, the prepreg should be vacuum desiccated for about 8 to 12 hours before you laminate.
For the lamination cycle, pre-vacuum it. This should be done for thirty minutes. Also, control the rise in heat to 8 – 12 degrees Fahrenheit every minute between 210 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
In addition, the product temperature during the start of cure should be 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, the cure time should be 90 minutes. Lastly, cooling down should be done under a maximum pressure of 12 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Arlon 45N PCB Material is known to be tough, and has a high temperature of glass transition with a value of 175 degrees Celsius. Also, it is a prepreg system and multifunctional epoxy laminate, which is useful in different higher layer count multilayer boards. Also, we have discussed its properties, features, applications and other necessary information. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us. Furthermore, RayMing PCB is a professional manufacturer of the Arlon 45N PCB Material. Contact us today for the very best!